How to Loan/Sell/Donate Art to SAM
Thank you for contacting SAM!
If you would like to offer these pieces from your collection to the museum, please follow the guidelines below…
- Please provide us with as much information as possible about the work, including artist, date, medium, size, and provenance information (history of ownership).
- Please include an image of the work of art (or multiple images, if offering multiple works).
- Please state explicitly if you are offering these works for loan (temporarily sharing them with the museum for display), for sale (please include your asking price and date by which you need a decision), or for donation.
- Please note that the museum cannot identify, authenticate, or appraise your collection.
- Email your material to the Seattle Art Museum Curatorial Department at email@example.com
After sending the email, the process of reviewing your images may take several weeks on our end, and it may not be possible to reply to every submission. SAM cannot make studio visits, see the work in person, or make visits to private collections during the initial phase of the review. But if there is sufficient interest from a curator, we will contact you about any further steps.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. We are happy to help!